Monday, September 14, 2009

The 14th


I wish I was still on the couch, raindrops clicking on the window. It was the first real Sunday yesterday, and regular season football was finally on TV. My dog slept on the top of the sea glass-green couch while staring at the water-stained street. I don’t ever want to leave this rainy Sunday morning. I am still there in my head. Throughout these two first weeks of school I try to go away to this Sunday paradise. Instead of being a studious robot completing assignment after assignment, I get to be a neanderthal. I empty my mind of everything, and use only my most primitive instincts. If the sound is too low, I turn it up. If I am cold I get a sweatshirt. If I am disgruntled with the events of the game I grumble at the television. If I am pleased with the events of the game I put my fists up in the air pumping them frantically, and let out a manly “Yea baby!” Then I got here, and it all vanished.

No comments:

Post a Comment